About Thomas Ryan Photography

This major photographic project documents 20th Century Modernism throughout Australia. Join me, Thomas Ryan, on a photographic journey as I document Australian 20th Century Modernism through the camera lens. Art Deco, Inter-war, Post War, Brutalism,are just some of the styles I document in this fascinating period in Australia's built history.

If you would like to get in touch with me, please visit my website,Thomas Ryan Photography. You can also contact me via social media on facebook and g+ All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan. All rights reserved, unauthorised use is prohibited.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Art Deco Apartment - Brisbane

I documented the Art Deco Coronet Flats in my last blog entry and I thought it fitting to highlight these flats as they are next door to Coronet. I like this building because the main stairwell is the main feature, it's as if it has been just attached later to the main building! It's dominant and works a treat with white render finish and class cubes to allow the sunlight to enter the stairwell. You also know you're in the sub-tropics with the building surrounded by palm trees and a evergreen creeper making it's way up the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment