About Thomas Ryan Photography

This major photographic project documents 20th Century Modernism throughout Australia. Join me, Thomas Ryan, on a photographic journey as I document Australian 20th Century Modernism through the camera lens. Art Deco, Inter-war, Post War, Brutalism,are just some of the styles I document in this fascinating period in Australia's built history.

If you would like to get in touch with me, please visit my website,Thomas Ryan Photography. You can also contact me via social media on facebook and g+ All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan. All rights reserved, unauthorised use is prohibited.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Grafton Art Deco Commonwealth Bank

Yet another great example of stripped classical art deco style, this time in the main street of Grafton, Queensland. There is something great about Modernist buildings, but I reckon there is something perfect about them when they are on a street corner, like this building. They don't just stand there and make a statement, they command the entire street! The white is broken up by the detailing in the upper areas pained yellow, just happening to be the colous of the CBA!



No comments:

Post a Comment