About Thomas Ryan Photography

This major photographic project documents 20th Century Modernism throughout Australia. Join me, Thomas Ryan, on a photographic journey as I document Australian 20th Century Modernism through the camera lens. Art Deco, Inter-war, Post War, Brutalism,are just some of the styles I document in this fascinating period in Australia's built history.

If you would like to get in touch with me, please visit my website,Thomas Ryan Photography. You can also contact me via social media on facebook and g+ All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan. All rights reserved, unauthorised use is prohibited.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Melbourne Art Deco Flats "Dorijo"


This Art Deco complex in the Melbourne suburb of Fitzroy is an amazing design, and were designed by I.G Anderson who did many homes and flats in Melbourne and he also designed a wonderful streamline commercial building in Tasmania.  Many of his buildings had stylised turrets on the top of the building, and Dorijo is no different.  Others included Lonsdale House (demolished 2010) and Ostend flats in Brighton, Melbourne.

To view 100+ photographs from the Art Deco and Modernist period in Melbourne check out my website page dedicated to Victoria check them out here


No comments:

Post a Comment