About Thomas Ryan Photography

This major photographic project documents 20th Century Modernism throughout Australia. Join me, Thomas Ryan, on a photographic journey as I document Australian 20th Century Modernism through the camera lens. Art Deco, Inter-war, Post War, Brutalism,are just some of the styles I document in this fascinating period in Australia's built history.

If you would like to get in touch with me, please visit my website,Thomas Ryan Photography. You can also contact me via social media on facebook and g+ All photographs are copyright of Thomas Ryan. All rights reserved, unauthorised use is prohibited.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Art Deco commercial building "Gundowring House" Wodonga

This Art Deco building is one of those places I look at and think if it were something else in a past life. Could it have been a home, a hotel perhaps? Either way the more you look at the design elements in this building there more interesting features there are. There are the portholes at the top of the facade as well as interesting details on the left hand side of the building. The arching vertical rendering is very interesting and the use of this style was becoming more popular in design in the Post War Period and featured frequently in designs up until the 1960s.

No comments:

Post a Comment